Coronavirus guidelines/special measures

Please take the time to read the COVID-19 Special Measures outlined below (also displayed in the clinic lobby).

It is important to keep things in perspective by remembering that as many as 80% of people that get COVID-19 are expected to have very mild symptoms or be asymptomatic. Having said that, the other 20% can have very severe symptoms indeed, so we must not allow ourselves to become complacent.

Whilst I use my professional skill and judgment to do the utmost to minimise the risk of transmission between people at the clinic, it is impossible to eliminate the risk completely.

By booking an appointment you are consenting to having treatment with the following special measures in place;

COVID-19 SPECIAL MEASURES

(implemented to protect everyone’s health)

What I am doing:

  • I wear a full clinic uniform, and an apron over my uniform which gets replaced after every patient; all of which are laundered and ironed at the end of the day.
  • I wear a fluid resistant surgical maskPatients are encouraged to bring in their own maskif they have one and are comfortable wearing it whilst at the clinic.
  • sanitise my hands up to my elbows with a chlorine based spray that has been shown to be effective against coronavirus (which is also what I use on surfaces throughout the clinic).
  • I take my temperature with a tympanic thermometer (in the ear) and log it together with my general health at the beginning of every working day.
  • The treatment couch and pillows (encased in a wipeable cover), door handles, door bell and patient’s chair are wiped down after every patient with a sanitising solution.
  • The hard surfaces, toilets, etc are wiped down with a sanitising spray regularly throughout the day.
  • The treatment room will always be aired between patients to maintain a healthy environment.

What I would like you to do:

  • Please arrive promptly for your appointment to minimise the waiting time in the lobby. If you arrive early please wait in your car or consider waiting outside the building (observing social distancing). I will always try to make the clinic car port available for you to use.
  • Please dress warmly as I won’t be able to offer you a blanket and your body temperature tends to go down as you lie on the couch and relax into the treatment. Also, if you could please bring in your own water bottle.
  • Please do not bring additional family members to your appointments (unless needed as a chaperone), and only one parent/guardian for children’s appointments. The patient’s chair in the treatment room is placed at a safe distance from the desk to allow for social distancing.
  • If you do come across one of the residents from the upstairs studio flats on your way in or out of the clinic, please liaise with them to respect social distancing.
  • Please use contactless payment wherever possible, and avoid paying by cash.
  • If you develop symptoms of COVID-19 between appointments, please let me know immediately so that I can take appropriate measures.

What to expect:

  • I will ask you a series of pre-screening questions before bringing you in for a face to face appointment and offer advice on the telephone or a video consultation wherever appropriate.
  • Wherever a face to face consultation is necessary, I will make sure that there are no contraindications before bringing you in for treatment (for example patients with, or in contact with someone who has a fever, a new persistent cough, underlying chronic respiratory or health problems that would make them vulnerable, foreign travel, etc…)
  • With your permission, when you arrive at the clinic, I will take your temperature with an ear thermometer and apply a sanitising spray to your hands.
  • All the soft furnishings such as couch cover, cushions in the waiting area, as well as reading material and toys have been removed for ease of sanitising the clinic and to reduce the risk of any cross contamination.
  • Follow up appointments have been extended to one hour in order to avoid cross over and allow the necessary time for sanitising the clinic between patients.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s