Osteopaths are identified as essential healthcare workers, and as such the clinic continues to remain open. Seeing an osteopath in good time can sometimes take the pressure off the NHS, which is invaluable given the current circumstances.
Please take the time to read the COVID-19 Special Measures outlined below (also displayed in the clinic lobby).
Stringent Hygiene, Personal Protective Equipment, and Screening Patients Before Appointments are some of the key measures that have been put in place to provide the safest possible environment for treatment.
COVID-19 Special Measures
(implemented to protect everyone’s health)
What You Need To Do:
- Fever, new persistent cough or cold in the past 5 days? Let me know right away. As long as you feel well enough to come into clinic, you can still come in for your treatment, but we will both wear a mask.
- We are otherwise no longer required to wear a face mask in clinic. However if you would prefer to wear one, just let me know at the beginning of the session and I will put one on too.
- Please arrive promptly for your appointment to minimise the waiting time in the lobby. If you arrive early please consider waiting in your car or outside the building (if the weather is nice). I will always try to make the clinic car port available for you to use.
- Dress warmly as your body temperature tends to go down as you lie on the couch and relax into the treatment. I do have a blanket I can put over you if you need/want it and I will offer you a glass of water if you want it.
- Please bring as few family members to your appointments as possible.
What to expect:
- Pre-screening questions before your appointment via SMS, and I can offer advice on the telephone or a video consultation wherever needed.
- Hand sanitiser is available for you to use at the clinic.
- Soft furnishings, reading material and toys are kept to a minimum for ease of sanitising the clinic.
- Appointments times have been extended in order to avoid cross over and allow the necessary time for sanitising the clinic between patients.
What I am doing:
- Two doses of the Pfizer vaccine, which is thought to have an effect on the rate of transmission.
- Freshly laundered clinic uniform. Aprons are no longer recomended.
- Sanitise my hands up to my elbows before and after treating every patient.
- Surfaces and couch are wiped down after every patient with a sanitising solution.
- Treatment room is aired between patients to maintain a healthy environment.
The official list of COVID-19 symptoms is available on the NHS website, which is reviewed regularly: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/
You may also want to read the COVID-19 webpage on the government website, for the most up to date information and guidance: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus