Nuno Bento, osteopath for the Stroud and Nailsworth area

Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on the 4th of January of a national lockdown; I just wanted to reiterate that Osteopaths are identified as essential workers in the provision of healthcare services, and as such the clinic remains open. Seeing an osteopath in good time can sometimes take the pressure off the NHS, which is invaluable given the current circumstances.

For some patients that have chronic health conditions, have been asked to shield or are otherwise particularly vulnerable; it may be best to avoid a face to face appointment for the time being. If you have any questions or concerns please do get in touch with me to discuss your individual circumstances.

The clinic continues to have strict measures in place to screen patients before appointments, maintain heightened standards of hygiene and use appropriate PPE; to provide a healthy and safe environment for patients to access osteopathic treatment when they need it.

In addition to this, I can confirm that as a healthcare worker I have been given my first COVID-19 vaccine. The results of a study, which has not yet been formally published, suggest that the Oxford AstraZenica vaccine may have a “substantial” effect on transmission of the virus, and although I had the Pfizer vaccine it is generally believed that all the vaccines will behave in a similar way. If the results of this study are correct, now that I have been vaccinated there is a much lower risk of me inadvertently transmitting COVID-19 to any of my patients.

Please take the time to read the COVID-19 Special Measures (also displayed in the clinic lobby). It is important to keep things in perspective by remembering that as many as 80% of people that get COVID-19 are expected to have very mild symptoms or be asymptomatic. Having said that, the remaining 20% can have very severe symptoms, so we must not allow ourselves to become complacent.

Stringent Hygiene, Personal Protective Equipment, and Screening Patients Before Appointments are some of the key measures that have been put in place to provide the safest possible environment for treatment. Being a small clinic with just one osteopath and no receptionist also provides patients with allot less exposure when coming in for treatment (compared to say a larger setting with multiple practitioners).

If you are in need of osteopathic treatment, please have a look at the online diary (see top menu) and book yourself in. Alternatively you are welcome to call me on the clinic number 01453 760068, or email osteopathy@nunobento.co.uk

Do let me know if you can’t see what you are looking for and I will do my best to accommodate your needs.

I specialise in the Cranial Approach to Osteopathic Treatment, and have been practicing in this field since 2004.

Initially I worked both in Stroud and at Churchdown Osteopaths. As my Stroud practice became more busy I devoted more time to it, until eventually I stopped going up to Churchdown Osteopaths altogether.

Cranial Osteopathy is a very gentle and refined form of osteopathic treatment which is ideally suited to treating all patients from birth to old age.

Cranial osteopaths treat the whole body, including the head.

The clinic is in a lovely studio flat, just five minutes walk from the centre of Stroud. It is a warm space with big windows and lot’s of natural day light. There is level access to the treatment room, and a private parking space for patients to use (see ‘Parking’ link). Parking during the day is also usually available on the street right in front of the clinic.

The clinic serves the Stroud and Nailsworth area, and the atmosphere is welcoming both for children as well as for adults. You can call me at the clinic on 01453 760068. Alternatively, patients can also check availability, make and change appointments by using the online diary system.

Make an Appointment Online Here

The National Council for Osteopathic Research (NCOR) found that 96% of patients attending this clinic were either Very Satisfied or Satisfied with the osteopathic care they received; 93.8% of them experienced an improvement in their symptoms, of which 73% were either Completely Recovered or Much Improved.